A music transcriber (also referred to as a music transcriptionist) creates sheet music from live or recorded music. Sheet music can be used to study a piece of music, perform it in a variety of settings, or create arrangements that alter the music in a certain way. A keen ear, proficiency with musical instruments, and dedication are required for music transcription.
A music transcriber's services may be required in a variety of situations. A frequent occurrence is when someone has a recording of a piece of music but no accompanying sheet music. The music could be an improvised piano piece or a recording of popular music that does not include sheet music. A music transcriber can listen to music and convert it to sheet music that is readable by anyone with proper musical training. Therefore, if you require assistance from a qualified individual to transcribe a piece of music for you, please refer to the list below.
- 1. Arrange, Transcribe or Create a Sheet Music for You by Axel
- 2. Transcribe Composition to Sheet Music for Piano by Milka
- 3. Transcribe by Ear Any Audio into Sheet Music by Cyrille
- 4. Transcribe Any Instrument into Midi File, Tab or Sheet Music by Victor
- 5. Transcribe Any Music Track You Need to Midi Data by Eduardo
- 6. Transcribe Music Score into Sibelius or Other Software by Sasko
- 7. Transcribe Music into Professional Notation by Mauro
- 8. Transcribe the Drum Part of Any Song to Sheet Music or Midi by Daniel
- 9. Transcribe Your Audio File to Sheet Music for Any Instrument by Artem
- 10. Transcribe or Arrange Music by Gabillos
- Method of Transcribing
1. Arrange, Transcribe or Create a Sheet Music for You by Axel
Axel (@axelfg) is a pianist, music educator, composer, and arranger. He's collaborated with some of the world's most talented musicians and celebrities, including Sami Yusuf, Andy Mangels, Oliver Schlaffer, and Pianote. He can professionally transcribe your music (from audio or manuscript), arrange, transpose, and so on, thanks to his extensive experience.
- Basic: Short Monophonic melodies or 1 page manuscript to digital transcription.
- Standard: Poliphonic – Easy to intermediate level.
- Premium: LeadSheet – Melody with lyrics and chord symbols.
2. Transcribe Composition to Sheet Music for Piano by Milka
Milka (@milkarubtsova) is a pianist, composer, arranger, and music teacher with a wealth of experience. She can compose original piano works in any style and transcribe any song to sheet music. She transcribes by ear and never uses automatic software or plagiarizes other people's work.
Milka offers professional, 100% accurate, fair transcriptions for piano and other instruments. The available packages are as follows:
- Basic: Simple sheet music. Beginner level.
- Standard: Medium sheet music. Intermediate level. Expression included.
- Premium: Advanced sheet music. Professional level. Expression included.
3. Transcribe by Ear Any Audio into Sheet Music by Cyrille
Cyrille (@cyrille_piano) is a professional French pianist who has been playing the piano for over 25 years. He's written and arranged a large number of songs for orchestras and choirs. Along with piano, he also teaches composition and music theory.
- Basic: Transcribe 1 staff (no complex music).
- Standard: Transcribe 2 staves (or 1 complex stave).
- Premium: Transcribe 3 staves (or 2 complex staves).
4. Transcribe Any Instrument into Midi File, Tab or Sheet Music by Victor
Victor Rondón (@posthumousccs) is a musician who has worked in both music composition and graphic design. He's been writing music for bands in a variety of genres for about ten years, as well as soundtracks for non-profit organizations' projects and YouTube channels.
Transcribe any instrument into sheet music, tabs, or midi. Sheet music and guitar tab are provided in both .pdf and .gp5 files.
5. Transcribe Any Music Track You Need to Midi Data by Eduardo
Eduardo (@eduardoromer285) has been programming MIDI sequences for over nine years, working in a wide range of musical genres.
Eduardo will create a very detailed MIDI of any music track you need, no matter the genre or the number of instruments (including vocal melody GM standard, up to 16 channels. Type 0 and 1).
6. Transcribe Music Score into Sibelius or Other Software by Sasko
Sasko Temelkoski (@sas_klar) is a professional musician from Skopje, Macedonia, who has worked as a music transcriber for many years.
Sasko will transcribe all standard notation (with expressions, tempo, symbols, etc.) manually, write it in Sibelius, and double-check it before sending it back to you. In the end, you will receive a PDF with a clean layout and a RAW file of Sibelius.
7. Transcribe Music into Professional Notation by Mauro
Mauro (@mauropantin) holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Guitar Performance. He's been playing music for 19 years and has a wide range of musical and guitar skills.
- Basic: Transcription of a melody or solo (up to 60 seconds).
- Standard: Transcription of a song (up to 3 minutes of music with melody, lyrics, and chord chart).
- Premium: Complete transcription of all the instruments in a recording, up to 3 minutes.
8. Transcribe the Drum Part of Any Song to Sheet Music or Midi by Daniel
Daniel (@danielsemmelroc) is an Austrian professional drummer who has won first place in the ‘Austrian Drummer Awards' (2018) and the Swiss Drum Competition in 2014.
Daniel will transcribe the drum part of any piece of music to sheet music, midi data, or tablature.
9. Transcribe Your Audio File to Sheet Music for Any Instrument by Artem
Artem (@artmikaielian) performs in a variety of musical genres (jazz, pop, and rock) and has appeared in a number of prestigious Kharkiv and Ukrainian cities. He's worked in a recording studio and occasionally performs at corporate events and special events.
- Basic: Transcribe a solo monophonic instrument or voice.
- Standard: Transcribe a piano or two monophonic instruments.
- Premium: Transcribe an ensemble (max. 5 instruments).
10. Transcribe or Arrange Music by Gabillos
Gabillos holds a Bachelor of Music Composition and is a composer, arranger, and guitarist (classical and electric). He writes the music for short films, documentaries, and feature films.
- Basic: Transcription of a melody/solo for one instrument. One page (around 40 bars).
- Standard: Arrangement of a song. Up to 4 instruments ensemble.
- Premium: Arrangement of a song. Up to 10 instruments ensemble.
Method of Transcribing
Typically, the music transcriber listens to the piece at least once before beginning to step through it, converting what is heard into notation that can be read as sheet music. The task becomes even more challenging when the music incorporates multiple instruments or makes use of chords, keys, and techniques unfamiliar to the transcriber. Music transcribers often specialize in a particular genre or area of interest in order to work with music they are familiar with.
Sheet music can be created manually or through the use of computer programs. Additionally, they can use technology in transcription, such as slowing the speed of the notes to make them easier to hear. Moreover, some programs include an auto-transcribe feature that generates sheet music automatically, though this feature is not always reliable.
Individual musicians, recording studios, and archives occasionally use transcribers to create sheet music when it is unavailable. Not all musicians are capable of writing and reading sheet music, and a musician may choose to use a music transcriber to prepare sheet music for his or her work. This sheet music may be distributed among band members or sold to members of the general public interested in performing the musician's work.