One of the most critical elements of a patent application is the patent drawings. If you've invented something, you should file a patent application right away. Even though it takes a long time to process and is expensive, a patent is necessary because it protects your invention. It has the power to protect any product, design, or process that meets certain criteria for originality, practicability, suitability, and utility. A patent can usually protect an invention for up to 20 years.
The process of creating a patent drawing differs significantly from that of creating a drawing in school. Unlike school drawings, we have specific rules to follow and must adhere to them religiously. Failure to do so may result in the patent application being rejected. Whether the drawing is for a utility patent or a design patent, we must adhere to the golden rules established by patent issuers such as the USPTO.
A patent drawing has to be precise. It should be designed to match the subject matter's form, finish, and material. A patent drawing must be easy to understand. For better clarity, some aspects of the subject may be omitted, visualized, or sectioned. The technique used for drawing should be appropriate. The subject's scale, mass, and surface should all be considered when choosing line weights, tone, and shading.
Hiring a professional artist to create proper drawings of your invention can significantly increase your chances of securing a patent. Please refer to the list of patent illustration services below.
- 1. Patent Drawings including Utility and Design by Rajdeep Singh
- 2. High-Quality Patent Drawings by Neeraj
- 3. 3D Models and 2D Drawings with SolidWorks for Patent Design by Eduardo
- 4. Provisional Patent Drawings as per USPTO by Joven
- 5. Professional Patent Drawings by Andy
- 6. Patents Drawings for Products Parts or Machines by JESG Design
- 7. Design or Utility Patent Drawings as per USPTO by Pawan
- 8. Patent Technical Drawings as per USPTO by Selene
- 9. Urgent Patent Drawings as per USPTO by Mariel
- 10. 2D Drawings for Manufacturing and Patent Applications by Eldad
1. Patent Drawings including Utility and Design by Rajdeep Singh
Rajdeep Singh (@rajdeepsingh070) is a patent draftsman by profession. He is well-versed in US patent law and has extensive experience with patent illustrations.
Rajdeep will create patent drawings for your invention, whether they are utility, design, provisional or non-provisional drawings, medical drawings, or electronic drawings. These high-quality drawings will be consistent and adhere to USPTO, JPO, PCT, WIPO, and other guidelines.
Check out Rajdeep's service here
2. High-Quality Patent Drawings by Neeraj
Neeraj (@patentdrawings) is an expert in patent drawings. He has extensive experience as a senior illustrator and in the field of intellectual property. He is also skilled at utility patent drawing and design patent drawing.
- Basic: Suitable for simple design. Your sketch/photo will be drawn into a simple vector.
- Standard: Suitable for complex design. Include an editable source file for future editing.
- Premium: Suitable for design patent application. This package includes all seven views of the design patent (perspective, top, bottom, left, right, front and rear).
Check out Neeraj's service here
3. 3D Models and 2D Drawings with SolidWorks for Patent Design by Eduardo
Eduardo (@eduardocore) is a mechanical engineer and 3D artist who specializes in industrial design, product patents, and tool development. He is in charge of developing customized products for the white line, brown line, promotional products, toys, and other engineering-related areas.
- Basic: Simple design or small changes.
- Standard: Advanced design or multiple parts.
- Premium: Complex design or multiple parts.
Check out Eduardo's service here
4. Provisional Patent Drawings as per USPTO by Joven
Joven Quintos (@ejovenlancer) is a freelance 2D patent illustrator with over 11 years of patent drafting experience. He has made over 1000 patent drawings and searches worldwide.
- Quickly convert your ideas, sketches, and images into patent drawings.
- Prepare utility patents, design patents (7 views), provisional and non-provisional patent drawings, medical drawings, and electronic drawings.
- Convert your written patent descriptions into high-quality patent drawings that meet the requirements of the USPTO, JPO, PCT, WIPO, and other patent offices.
Check out Joven's service here
5. Professional Patent Drawings by Andy
Andy (@andymm1702) is a professional patent illustrator who works for IP firms. He has worked on various projects, including utility, design, mechanical components, and medical instruments, among others.
- Andy will create high-quality patent drawings for you, including utility and design patent drawings.
- For utility, he will provide you with both provisional and non-provisional drawings. As required by USPTO standards, he will also add numbers.
- For design patent drawings, there will be seven standard views in design drawings, including perspective, front, back, top, bottom, left, and right-side views on seven different sheets.
6. Patents Drawings for Products Parts or Machines by JESG Design
JESG Design (@jesgdesign) is a product designer and developer with over seven years of experience in 3D modeling, product prototyping, product rendering, technical drawing, graphic design, and packaging design.
JESG will create a two-dimensional technical drawing for patent application that includes tables and drawings describing the product's components in a systematic order.
Check out JESG Design's service here
7. Design or Utility Patent Drawings as per USPTO by Pawan
Pawan (@pawan_10) is a professional illustrator with over eight years of experience drawing patents. He is also proficient in a variety of software programs such as Inventor, AutoCAD, and others that enable him to create high-quality patent drawings in accordance with USPTO standards.
Pawan will create patent illustrations for your invention, whether they are utility, design, provisional or non-provisional, medical, or electronic. The process will adhere to the guidelines established by the USPTO, JPO, PCT, and WIPO, etc.
Check out Pawan's service here
8. Patent Technical Drawings as per USPTO by Selene
Selene (@selenedasilva) is a Miami-based graphic designer with over ten years of experience. She has a diverse portfolio of patents, some of which have already been approved. She's always on the lookout for new and exciting projects to work on.
Selene can produce patent drawings from your sketches, pictures, or scratch if you provide a detailed description. Available packages are as follow:
- Basic: A set of three drawings for a simple utility or design patent (3 views).
- Standard: 3 drawings of medium complexity for a utility or design patent (3 views).
- Premium: 3 drawings of a complicated utility or design patent (3 views).
Check out Selene's service here
9. Urgent Patent Drawings as per USPTO by Mariel
Mariel Ramos (@freelancemariel) has 15 years of experience as a patent illustrator and has drawn over 1000 patents. She enjoys drawing patents and puts the needs of her clients first.
Mariel will quickly turn your concept, sketches, and images into a patent drawing. She can create utility patents, design patents with seven views, provisional or non-provisional patent drawings, medical drawings, and electronic drawings, along with other stuff. She can also make changes to your patent based on feedback from the patent office.
Check out Mariel's service here
10. 2D Drawings for Manufacturing and Patent Applications by Eldad
Eldad (@eldadesign) is a mechanical design engineer, graphic designer, design strategist, and entrepreneur who specializes in industrial and product design. He has a BA in Industrial Design.
- You'll get high-quality technical drawings that adhere to your industry's standards or the processes you plan to use to make your PART or ASSEMBLY.
- These drawings may include an exploded view, a bill of materials, section views, functional notation and tolerancing, cutaways, multi-views, and so on.
Check out Eldad's service here