Job searching is a stressful experience. Not only is it fraught with anxiety, but you must also put your best foot forward on a one-page resume that is supposed to summarize who you are, what you've accomplished, and where you're going. But don't forget about your resume design. Because hiring managers will notice your resume design before they read a single word, how you present the information is just as important as the information itself.
Hiring managers will only take a few seconds to look over a resume. What makes you ideal for the position may be overlooked in that short period of time. Furthermore, hiring managers are usually busy. They could be sifting through a large stack of resumes while doing other things, easily missing yours. Therefore, it might be a good idea to think about your resume design. When a hiring manager is rushing from one resume to the next, a visually appealing resume can make all the difference.
Resume design refers to the appearance, structure, and format of your resume. The design aspect is still essential, even if it isn't as important as the information on your resume. A professionally designed resume enhances good content. This is due to the resume being easier to read and the vital information being highlighted. Here's a list of design services that can help you improve your current resume.
- 1. Write and Design a Professional Resume by Daultonread
- 2. Professional Resume Design by Juliya
- 3. Professional Resume/CV Design by Hasimbola
- 4. Clean and Attractive Resume Design by Designmastercom
- 5. Design and Rewrite Your Resume by Typesttechies
- 6. Create, Improve & Design Your Resume by Devon
- 7. Rewrite & Design Your Resume in 24 Hours by Skytech
- 8. Resume or CV Design in Microsoft Word by Jobayer
- 9. Professional Technical Resume Writing & Design by Sangeen
- 10. Professional Resume Writing and Design by Prudence
- The Importance of Resume Design
1. Write and Design a Professional Resume by Daultonread
Daultonread is a managing partner at ‘LinkedinGuru', a leading recruitment consulting firm. He's written over 1,000 resumes and cover letters for clients ranging from recent graduates to C-Suite executives at Fortune 500 companies.
A professionally written resume is formatted with a unique design — guaranteed to catch an employer's attention.
Check out Daultonread's service here
2. Professional Resume Design by Juliya
Juliya (juliyakorneeva) is a web and graphic designer who is devoted to providing her clients with visually arresting and high-quality designs.
Juliya will design or redesign your resume, CV, summary and cover letter in word, pdf or PSD format for those seeking entry level, professional, and executive roles.
Check out Juliya's service here
3. Professional Resume/CV Design by Hasimbola
Hasimbola is a freelancer who enjoys making his customers happy by creating incredible resume designs.
- Basic: A professionally designed 1-page resume.
- Standard: 2-page resume design.
- Premium: A unique, customized resume/CV design.
Check out Hasimbola's service here
4. Clean and Attractive Resume Design by Designmastercom
Designmastercom is a front-end web and graphic designer with more than eight years of industry experience.
- Basic: Up to 2 pages.
- Standard: Up to 4 pages.
- Premium: Up to 6 pages.
Check out Designmastercom's service here
5. Design and Rewrite Your Resume by Typesttechies
Typesttechies is a highly experienced professional resume writer, resume designer, and language expert. He graduated from LUMS University with a master's degree in computer science.
- Basic: Eye-catching resume design.
- Standard: Rewriting, Proofreading & Resume design.
- Premium: All from previous packages + Cover Letter.
Check out Typesttechies's service here
6. Create, Improve & Design Your Resume by Devon
Devon (dmh5026) is an expert in professional writing, marketing, and transcription, among other things. Her mission is to meet the unique needs of each client.
Devon will provide edits and rewrites to improve your resume, PLUS a new design (if requested).
Check out Devon's service here
7. Rewrite & Design Your Resume in 24 Hours by Skytech
At Skytech, you can rely on their talented team to create a piece of writing that is both high-quality and affordable.
- Basic: A decent resume design.
- Standard: A stunning one-page resume with compelling content that positions you as the ideal candidate.
- Premium: Attract the biggest companies to hire you with an amazing 2-page resume.
Check out Skytech's service here
8. Resume or CV Design in Microsoft Word by Jobayer
Jobayer (jobayer_98) is an expert in Microsoft Word, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Jobayer will create resume/CV templates that you can fully customize. Each element is completely editable.
Check out Jobayer's service here
9. Professional Technical Resume Writing & Design by Sangeen
Sangeen (jobayer_98) is an experienced resume writer who understands how to craft effective resumes and cover letters that land candidates jobs.
Sangeen will create professional resumes with an eye-catching design to help them stand out. The emphasis is on the design and content of your resume, which should be tailored to your field and profession.
Check out Sangeen's service here
10. Professional Resume Writing and Design by Prudence
Prudence Makhura (books_will_sell) is a South African graphic designer who has been providing a variety of design services since 2017.
Prudence will assist you in creating a resume that effectively highlights your skills and experience.
Check out Prudence's service here
The Importance of Resume Design
While great content is critical for increasing your chances of getting a job interview, the design of your resume can be just as essential. The following are some of the reasons why resume design is vital.
Fun fact: A lot of employers do judge a book by its cover. When a hiring manager gets piles of applications, the need to differentiate your resume design becomes even more critical.
It Demonstrates Your Seriousness
Employers will make some assumptions when they receive your resume. They will evaluate your professionalism, attention to detail, and enthusiasm for the role before inviting you to a job interview. If an employer receives your resume and it appears unkempt, they will likely doubt your professionalism and desire for the role. Think about it this way: if you spend hardly any time creating your resume, are you genuinely interested in the job?
Shows Off Your Organizational Abilities
A resume that has poor design and layout demonstrates a lack of organization skills and attention to detail. These are two characteristics that most employers seek, and you must show them on your resume.
Due to the competitive nature of the job market, you must ensure that your resume stands out from the crowd. If your plain resume is buried beneath a mountain of other resumes that appear more interesting and inviting to read, it may not stand a chance.